The Right Lawyer Makes the Difference

Whether you have been arrested or injured, you need a fighter on your side. Let us champion your side of the story.


South Bend Side-Impact Car Accident Lawyer

Trusted Legal Advocacy in South Bend

Side-impact accidents, also known as T-bone collisions, are particularly dangerous. These accidents occur when the front of one car hits another’s side. Because of the location, passengers and drivers are at risk for serious injuries. It is also possible for a collision to cause a car to spin, creating a chain-reaction of other accidents until multiple cars are involved.

Our South Bend car accident attorneys have more than 40 years of combined experience and are committed to helping those injured by auto accidents .Our team can help you or your loved one get the compensation you deserve after an accident.

Discuss your case with a South Bend personal injury attorney. Call (574) 281-0142 to schedule a no-cost consultation.

Common Side-Impact Collision Injuries

Because the side of a car is less protective than the front or the back of the car, occupants of the vehicle often are injured in side-impact accidents. Some of the serious injuries that can be sustained in a T-bone collision are:

Side curtain airbags and reinforced doors can help reduce injuries, but these features have only been introduced by automakers in the past few years. Many older models of cars do not have protection from side impacts. Airbags can also cause more harm than they prevent, especially for children and infants.

Causes of Side-Impact Accidents

There are a number of circumstances that can cause T-bone accidents. Many of these are due to negligent drivers or illegal behaviors that are dangerous on the road. If you are injured in a side-impact collision, your attorney will investigate the accident for evidence that the other driver was negligent. Some causes can be:

  • Drunk driving
  • Reckless driving
  • Speeding
  • Tired drivers
  • Inexperienced drivers
  • Failure to stop or yield
  • Turning across traffic, U-turns
  • Turning with poor visibility
  • Blind curves
  • Distracted driving
  • Crossing intersections
  • Passing
  • Merging
  • Road construction

Commonly, side-impact accidents occur when one driver fails to stop and collides with another vehicle crossing their path. Busy intersections are a common location for these accidents, though they can also occur in parking lots, at driveways, and in turn lanes. Drivers are expected to show a duty of care to other drivers and make turns when safe, yield the right of way, and fully stop for all signs or signals.

Who is Liable for the Accident?

In Indiana, liability is determined through a system called “modified comparative negligence.” This system allows both parties to share in the responsibility for an accident. As an accident is very rarely the fault of one party alone, so comparative negligence will cause both parties to be assigned a percentage of the responsibility. The helps protect those who would normally be solely at fault for an accident if the other driver contributed to the accident by cutting them off, turning without signaling, or other behaviors that may have made an accident more likely.

Comparative liability assigns a percentage of responsibility to each party, and reduced the amount of compensation you may be able to claim by that percentage. For example, if you are determined to be 30% at fault for your accident, and the other driver is at 70% at fault, your settlement will be reduced by 30% to account for your culpability in the accident. If you are found to be 51% at fault, you will lose the right to file for compensation. Because you lose compensation when you are found to be partially liable, it is critical that you enlist the help of an experienced auto accident attorney. They will investigate your accident and fight for you to reduce your liability in the accident.

Find a Trusted South Bend Auto Accident Lawyer

At the Wruble Law Group, we will fight for you. Our South Bend car accident attorneys have over 40 years of combined experience that you can trust in. We will investigate your accident with everything we have at our disposal, including your medical records, accident reports, first-hand witness accounts, and even expert witness testimony if needed. Our priority is to fight for your best interests, and we will advocate for you in settlement negotiations to lawsuits in court.

Our firm can help you recover lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and more. We proudly represent residents in the St. Joseph County area. Let our dedicated team help you recover your rightful compensation.

Contact our firm to schedule a free initial case consultation with our South Bend car accident attorneys at the Wruble Law Group.


with a

Reputation You Can Trust
The Best Law Group - Claudia