Stanley F. Wruble III
Criminal Defense & Personal Injury Lawyer
Stan Wruble was born and raised in South Bend, attending South Bend public schools. He lettered in football and track
& field at Riley High School and was involved in student council,
National Honors Society, and the Speech & Debate team. Stan attended
Valparaiso University on an academic scholarship.
At Valpo he was president of his fraternity, and involved in the campus
newspaper and radio station, as well as student government. In 1994
he became the first person from his family to graduate from college. He graduated from Notre Dame Law School in 1997, where he worked in the
Legal Aid Clinic and Moot Court.
Early Experience & Traveling the World
Stan practiced law in South Bend before moving to Chicago in 2000. He worked
for a large international firm in Chicago until he took a sabbatical in
2004. This journey lead him to
19 countries in Europe, the Middle East and Asia over 7 months. Perhaps the most rewarding experience of that soul-searching journey
was riding a motorcycle through Vietnam.
Teaching Law & Joining Private Practice
Stan returned to Chicago in 2005, and thereafter moved back to his hometown
in 2006, first practicing Of Counsel with Leone Halpin, LLP and then
starting his own firm in 2008. After a major trial victory,
Stan was asked to teach Trial Advocacy at Northwestern University Law School, where he taught until 2010.
In addition to his practice, Stan was formerly an Adjunct Law Professor
at the Notre Dame Law School, where he taught aspiring law students how
to become trial lawyers.
Cases Attorney Wruble Handles
In his criminal practice, he
represents clients charged across the spectrum of criminal conduct - misdemeanor through murder - in both state and federal courts. He also
maintains a civil litigation practice in state and federal court, believing that a diverse practice makes a
better trial lawyer.
In his free time he enjoys spending time with his daughter, traveling,
running, reading, and mountain biking.
Want to know more about the cases Attorney Wruble handles? Click here to
personal injury and
criminal defense cases.
- Valparaiso University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1994)
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., with honors, 1997)
- Indiana Supreme Court (1997)
- United States District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana (1997)
- Michigan Supreme Court (1998)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan (1998)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois (2001)
- Illinois Supreme Court (2003)
- United States Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals (2007)
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
- St. Joseph County Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Teaching, Involvement and Honors
Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor
University of Notre Dame, Professor of Criminal (2010-2015)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor Northwestern University School of Law, Introduction
to Trial Advocacy (2005-2010)
- Instructor, IUSB Paralegal Program (2008 – present)
- Board of Directors, Dismas House South Bend
- Michiana Forty Under 40, Class of 2010
- Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka, Class of 2010
- Young Professionals Against Poverty, Volunteer
- Center for the Homeless, Volunteer
- Business Honor Roll member, 88.1 WVPE
- Rotary, 2013-present
- South Bend Community School Corporation Board of Trustees, District 2,
- Robert A. Grant, Inn of Court
Get in touch with Attorney Wruble today by filling out our
online contact form.